Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Male Update

There isn't too much I can add; Ashley seems to have done a very good job filling in on the last 6 weeks.  I really feel for her; she's working more than any human should have to. 

We hosted some friends from Baton Rouge over this holiday weekend.  I *proudly* got her an internship with MMI next year.  It's pretty tough, half of the students applying for internship this year did not match due to the lack of internship slots and the mass quantities of students coming out.  The total was about 25% when I went through only 4 years ago! 

Last night, I had a group of friends over to play cards and celebrate the holiday; we played cards and had some adult beverages.  It was a good mix of friends from work and hockey; people seemed to get along well which is always great to see.  Poor Ashley had to work in the morning and we kept her up a little bit.  Apparently we were louder than we thought.

Other news....  I am stuck wearing a knee brace.  I'm not sure what exactly is wrong but I'm taking a few weeks off from hockey  I think.  I had some weird problems with it a few weeks ago but it got worse when I went to Denver last weekend for a hockey tournament.  Really hoping this clears up on its own.  I was pretty burned out at work with the new Electronic Medical Record and got an invite to go play hockey; I actually remembered I had a friend who plays still living in Colorado Springs, so he joined us as well.  It was a pretty darned good time. I think next year I am going to be sure to take a few days off around this tournament.  It could be a fun extended weekend kind of trip. 

As Ashley posted, our anniversary was on Thursday.  She worked that night so she went in right before I got off of work.  I was sneaky and met her at the hospital with a nice bouquet of flowers.  I don't have any pictures of it, but I did get to hand-deliver it to her while they were doing sign outs of patients... to say she was embarassed would be an understatement.  She was as red as the flowers I brought her! 

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment