Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm not going to quit my day job to become a plumber!

Both of our toilets upstairs decided to start giving us problems a couple weeks back. They started to constantly run a little bit. So Ryan and I headed to good 'ol Lowe's this morning to pick up new guts for the two toilets. About halfway through removing the old guts, we realized we needed a 4" locking wrench so off to Lowe's Ryan went again. We successfully got the old guts out and the new guts in but when we turned the water back on, the water supply pipe wouldn't make a tight seal and so water was leaking around it. Ugh! Back to Lowe's again to pick up new water supply tubing. (This is the story of mine and Ryan's homeowner DIYer's life). We got the braided metal tubing instead of the pipe which is not flexible what-so-ever. We got home, out the new water supply tubing on and bingo! Our toilet is as good as new. We got the special half-flush for #1 and full flush for #2 flusher. Ryan feels very eco-friendly now :) By the time we finished, there was no way I wanted to fix the second toilet upstairs - maybe that will be tomorrow's project, or maybe I should study for my neuro shelf instead ;)
Taking the toilet apart to get the old parts out.

Ugh - look at that water supply pipe! It give me a headache - I'm glad we got different tubing though so in case we ever have to do this again, we won't have the same problem as this time (at least I hope!).

Ryan is taking things apart.

Cooper was wondering what the heck we were doing!

Putting the toilet back together!


Nothing like plumbing in your PJs :)

Look at how gross the tank is...good thing there's a lid or this would drive me nuts to look at everyday!

The new flusher!

Although we like to do stuff ourselves to save money, sometimes I would rather just pay someone!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment