Friday, March 18, 2011

OB/GYN at UNMC in Omaha!

Yesterday was match day. Finally, the day has come and gone and I'm so happy with the results. Since last Friday I've been nervous for this day. First I was nervous if I even matched or not. Then on Monday when I found out that I matched, I was nervous at to where I matched as it could have been anywhere from Omaha, NE to Portland ME. When I made my rank list, UNMC in Omaha sat at #1 for the longest time. Then down in Hawaii, I had tons of time to sit and think about my rank list. I kept going back and forth between Rochester NY and Omaha NE - which one should I rank one and which one should I rank two. With only a few hours before our rank lists were due, I switched Rochester to #1 and Omaha to #2. Really, if I could have I would have ranked them both #1 - it was a really tough decision for me as I loved both programs so much. I would have never in a million years thought that I would be up for moving to NY but the program in Rochester was awesome. So back and forth, back and forth I went. I figured what ever happens, it happens for a reason and so I left the decision up to the NRMP (National Residency Matching Program) to figure out where I'm supposed to be.
I matched at UNMC and am so happy! I have no regrets with the whole residency process which feels great. Here are some pictures from the day.

Kelsey and me at breakfast prior to receiving our envelopes.

A group of RPAP-ers from Duluth...still waiting for 11am to roll around so we could pick up our envelopes.

11:00 - grabbing our envelopes!


Reading where I'm gonna go!

Having Ryan guess where I got placed...(Bekah trying to sneak a peek at my letter - ha!)
Super happy to be going to UNMC!

The Hawaii clan! Kelsey matched Family Practice at St. John's, Wade matched ENT at U of MN, Sean matched Peds at Cornell and Kathleen matched Family Practice at United!

Ryan and I at Sally's after match.

Kelsey and me :)

Lots of green beverages as it was St. Patty's Day!

Bekah and me. Bekah matched Urology at the U of Michigan!

Katie and me. Katie matched Family Practice in Duluth with her husband Chad!

Kelsey, Sandi, me and Katie. Sandi matched Psychiatry at the U of MN.
 After Sally's, Ryan and I, Sandi and her fiance Gabe and Kelsey went and ate lupper (lunch + supper) at O'Gara's in St. Paul. Then later last night, the school had a match day party for us at the W Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. It was a good night and Ryan and I ended up getting back to Owatonna well after 1am. Busy busy busy (but happy) day!

~Ashley

1 comment:

  1. What a day!!! Can't wait to move on to our next step!

    ReplyDelete