Monday, May 23, 2011

Hillary's Bridal Shower

This past weekend was Hillary's bridal shower at the Nicolin Mansion Bed & Breakfast in Jordan. Whenever there is a shower on my dad's side of the family, we always get together at a different bed & breakfast. My wedding shower was at the Butler House Bed and Breakfast in Mankato and Kristin's wedding shower was at the Bohemian bed and breakfast (I believe) in New Ulm. It's always neat to visit these old houses and get together will family.

Hillary got quite the pile of gifts!

She also got to be a princess for the day!


Hillary and Grandma Frost with all the flour sack dish towels my grandma made for her!

Grandma, mom and Kristin all having a good laugh. My grandma made a 'mistake' on one, but wouldn't let anyone but these two know.


About to open one of the gifts from here sisters.

I used poor-man's tissue paper {newspaper} to pack the box.

Stainless Steel Calphlon pans {so nice! I want some of those!}

My cousin Heidi's daughter Molly trying the crown on for size. Looking good!

Opening her gift from Mom.

A punch bowl! All three of us girls got punch bowls from Mom for our wedding showers. All three a little different. We all joked that Hillary's looked like a big margarita glass - all we needed was salt for the rim and straws :-)

Aunt Maryles, Aunt Jean {my godmother}, Hillary, Aunt Chris {Hillary's godmother}, Aunt Judy. These are the aunts who threw Hill her shower.

Linda {Mother-of-the-Groom}, Hillary, Mom {Mother-of-the-Bride}

Mom, Grandma and Hillary

Hillary and Bobbi   :-)

Me, Mom, Grandma, Hillary and Kristin {picture taken by Aunt Judy}
It was raining when we arrived in Jordan but by the time the party was over it was H-O-T hot outside and humid! When we were leaving Jordan it was 86 degrees and by the time we got back to my parents house it was in the mid-70s. No wonder we had so many storms this past weekend. The two Ryan's and my dad cut wood while us girls were at Hillary's shower. {I think the Ryan's were having a tough morning as they stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, having a few brewskies and visiting with one of Ryan C's old co-workers.} Once we got back, we all sat around and talked for a while, we pulled out all of Hillary's gifts to show Ryan and then we decided to head out to Kristin and Dave's property to scope out where they plan to build a house some day.
Dave and his dad were at the land cutting some trees.

Looking at the view Kristin and Dave are going to have once they build a house.

I think the view is great!
The bugs were thick as could be out there and a storm rolling in so we didn't stay too awful long. There were some big storm clouds which actually looked really pretty.



On the way home, we stopped and rented a few DVDs and then called it a night once we got back home. That night, a HUGE storm came through and the thunder and lightening was fantastic. It woke me up several times throughout the night and you could feel the thunder shake the house from time to time. The lightening must have been striking really close to us because we could here it crackle as it moved through the sky. I love good storms like that. I guess I should say I love listening to storms like that by I don't love all the damage that they can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment