Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We are getting there!

Ryan and I have been slaving away on his dissertation. He's been busy writing and making correction while I've been helping by means of editing. Man, do you know how long it takes to read a 100+ page dissertation?! Well, if you've never had the pleasure, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Yuck! And it is NOT fun, it is extremely dry and boring. We've been {or I should say *I've been* since Ryan has been working on this way longer than me} doing this for the past two and a half days straight! I just finished going through the paper a second time this morning {I got up early to work on it so by the time Ryan got up he could start right in because he caught up to me last night!}, and we were both up well past 11:00 last night. It has been completely silent in our house for these couple of days - no TV, no radio, just the open windows {since it is finally gorgeous outside} and the sound of birds singing and the occasional cackle from Cooper whenever he sets his sight on a bird outside the window - ha. {I love this house! I hope our place in Omaha is equally as nice!}

Last night before I went to bed, I checked my email and had this picture from Ryan which was titled "My life in a picture"...

{He must have been watching TV *gasp* - lol just kidding!} Trails of paper, trails and trails of paper and edits and revisions, but it is finally in good shape to send it off to his adviser! I can not tell you how happy I am that this day is here. I've waited {and waited and waited and waited} a long time for this *sigh* I'm glad the day is here. Ryan is happy too, well he is rather giddy :-) He came upstairs and informed me that he finally figured out the last thing that was holding him up in his 15 pages {yes, 15 pages!!!} of citations {yes, I had to read 15 pages of citations to see if there were any errors - boring!}. He then did a little happy danced, went downstairs to the office and I heard the radio come on - he is one happy camper this afternoon!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment