Monday, February 6, 2012

The Best Part of Vacation....

is coming home?!?

We had 8 to 10 inches of heavy wet snow in our driveway, not to mention even more at the end of the driveway where the plow went through. Our snow blower has never been fantastic and it did not manage to exceed my expectations when we got home either. Ryan and I ended up shoveling all 8 to 10+ inches of heavy snow by hand. There was no pushing this stuff. Shovel full by shovel full we managed to clear the driveway. {It was during this time that I really missed living back in Minnesota, where our neighbors with snow blowers that worked would take care of us in situations like this instead of stopping at the property line. *sigh*}

There were two little kiddos who I did miss while we were gone and who were very happy to see us...
We left an extra suitcase out while we were gone because we know Zoey likes to sleep on top of them.

Cooper still hangs out on the back of the couch...wrecking my couch cushions one by one - ha!
It is good to be home regardless of the snow and endless hours of work that I'll face on a weekly basis until my next vacation in June :) We had such a fantastic time. I would recommend Kauai to everyone :)

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment