Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Lazy Day

Today has been nice and lazy. First off, I slept 11 hours last night! It felt sooo good. I think Ryan and I have been trying to pack tons into our days here and it finally caught up with us after the hike yesterday. We both have gotten a little bit too much sun! {Not to mention, my skin started to break out in a rash - on my forehead of all places - today from all the sunscreen that we have been lathering on!} Once we got up, Ryan made breakfast {eggs and bacon}, we put on our swimming suits, smeared on gobs of sunscreen and then drove down the road a little way to Hideaway Beach. I've heard good things about this beach and wanted to be able to see it. I was slightly worried about parking since it is very limited and we were getting a later start to our day than in days prior. As we were pulling up to the parking lots {which only has eight stalls} we saw they were all full. {Bummer!} But then we saw a lady walking towards the lot with her keys in hand. I told Ryan to keep and eye on her while I turned the vehicle around. Yep, she was leaving, so we stalked her parking spot until she left :) In order to get to Hideaway, I read that you had to hike down this steep path...the books weren't lying! This path was steep. Steeper than our hike the day before. Ryan and I were both having flashbacks - ha! It was totally worth it though. We were the only ones on the beach for a little while. {Actually, there were people there was they were out surfing.} the beach was completely in the shade which was nice since as I mentioned before, we've gotten a little bit too much sun these past few days. Ryan and I just sat and enjoyed the beauty and the ocean. It doesn't get any more peaceful than this. {Well, I take that back. There was a dog on the beach with us. He belonged to the surfers. He was making all sorts of ruckus trying to bury his owner's sandal all over the beach - ha!}
The view of the beach as we were hiking down the path.


This dog was having the time of his life!

The water is so clear here!


I wish I would have taken pictures of this path. Hiking back up instantly made our calf muscles burn! That's one thing about this island, there are so many beautiful beaches but we've got to be willing to put in a little effort to get to a few of them. After we got back from the beach, we sat in the condo in silence and read {and listened to the construction noise in the condos around us - ha!} We also ran to the grocery store and had an ice cream cone in town before returning to The Cliffs Resort and watching the sunset on the ocean while watching whales.
The view of the ocean from the resort.
Ryan just finished grilling up some hamburgers for dinner. We are going to eat and go to bed because tomorrow is going to be an early day for us. More details later!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment