Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let there be heat!

Recently, we installed a new thermostat that was "internet programmable" {ohhhh.....ahhhhh.... :)}. One that we could control the temp from apps on our cellphone. When we were in Hawaii, we could check in and see what the temp of our house was. Before we left for vacation, you turned the heat down to save on energy. When we got back from vacation, the thermostat didn't seem to be working right. I'd keep turning it up but the house was still cold.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, the house was freezing {and not to mention I was super tired}. I turned on my heated blanket, jumped into bed and went to bed after talking to Ryan about thinking that this new internet-programmable thermostat was on the brink. I fell asleep in now time and Ryan continued to figure out what was wrong with the heat. He came into the bedroom and woke me up by saying "I think there is a big problem." To tell you the truth, it actually scared the you-know-what out of me because I woke, Ryan was looking at me and then I heard "big problem."

Well, turns out there was something wrong with the fan on the furnace and it wasn't the thermostat. Our house at this point was 58-60 degrees. {Brrr!} We have a small space heater that Ryan turned on for me in the bedroom but I was worried about the rest of the house. Ryan ran to the store to by a bigger space heater and we left our gas fireplace running all night. We were able to keep the house warm until a repair man was able to come this afternoon. I'm glad it was a fixable problem and that we didn't have to purchase an entire new furnace! The house is now nice and warm again!


~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment