Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
(recipe taken from some website, somewhere on the internet!)

1 egg white
1 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups whole almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar {ha! I just realized I forgot this ingredient!}
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Beat egg white, water and vanilla in large glass bowl till frothy. Stir in almonds. Mix sugars, salt and cinnamon and sprinkle over almonds. Stir until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 250 for 60-90 minutes, stirring occasionally. {I only cooked mine for 60 minutes because I had something else to get into the oven and I didn't have a lot of time before I needed to leave the house.} You want the almonds to be toasted but you don't want them to burn.

Wonderful!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment