Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family Weekend - March 2011

Two weekends ago, my sisters and I all got together at my parents house. I was still up in Duluth on my neurology rotation so I road down to their house Friday afternoon with Hillary and Ryan. My Ryan drove up from Austin after work (I was sleeping by the time he actually showed up) and Kristin and Dave came over from LeCenter.

On our way down from Duluth, we stopped in Jordon to pick up a few select items for my parent's liquor cabinet. When we finally put all of our stuff on the check out counter, the lady told us, "Either you guys have a big problem or you're going to have a lot of fun this weekend!" HA - we had a lot of fun. Then while Hillary was grabbing a bag of ice, the lady asked "How old is the other girl with you." I laughed and told her she was older than me - she didn't even card me :-) I must look pretty mature :-)

We pulled out the old blender once we got to my parents house and mixed up some strawberry daiquiris to go with our sloppy joe dinner. Hillary's Ryan was mixing the second batch of drinks in the blender when the speed started to slow and then I hear him in the kitchen "Uh oh, it's smoking!" So outside the blender went...

Another one bites the dust!
Later Friday evening, we started to watch Inception. I think this is a great movie - really makes you think, but you can't fall asleep half way through. I didn't make it, I headed to bed before it was over and as mentioned before, I was sleeping by the time my Ryan made it to my parent's house.

Saturday morning, my dad made us all breakfast - eggs, bacon and hash browns :-) The two Ryans decided they needed a little bonding time so they went to Mankato to pick up a new blender (and also stop at Patrick's in St. Peter for a few beers as this is their tradition now). While they were gone, I studying some neurology for a bit as the I had my neurology shelf that next Friday and Hillary worked on making some necklaces for her bridesmaids. We got a call from the Ryans around 11:30 so we all loaded up and headed to Patrick's in St. Peter for lunch. Kristin met us there, but Dave was at home studying up for an upcoming engineering exam he has. It took FOREVER for us to get our food and we didn't leave Patrick's until 3:00. But we had a good time and shared a lot of laughs.

We had Hillary try on her wedding dress multiple times and we were trying to decide: no veil, veil, single layer veil or double layer veil - ha! She looked fantastic in her dress! Can't wait for her and Ryan's big day in July!! After a day of studying, Dave came over for dinner. My grandparents, Chris and Dean also came over for a big dinner of BBQ ribs. We had such a good time and laughed a ton! It was so nice to have everyone together. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Ryan trying out the new blender! It works pretty slick!

The whole crew eating form DQ ice cream cake for desert!

Dean, Chris and Hillary

Goof Balls :)

Desert Liquor drinks. Hillary didn't think it was that bad.

Kristin on the other hand thought it was terrible!

Dad and Mom

By the looks on Dean and my grandma's face, something must have been very exciting!


Dean is so animated! I love it!

Lots of laughs!

Dean, Chris, Grandma, Grandpa, mom and dad

The two Ryans maybe shouldn't be able to drink together - ha! lol

Grandma and Grandpa with the Loewe girls and their significant others.

The best grandparents anyone could ask for!

Can't leave Sophie out! She was SO excited to have so many people over for the weekend.
 ~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment